Jason Weisberger wrote:
> List,
>
> I figure upgrading to GCC 4.1.1 from 3.4.5 wouldn't be such a pain,
> right?  WRONG.  So far I've had just about every problem under the
> sun, mostly in the form of filesize errors.... which I wouldn't think
> would be related to GCC, but then again:
>
> app-admin/perl-cleaner
> x11-proto/xextproto
> x11-proto/xcmiscproto-1.1.2

I had this same issue with app-admin/perl-cleaner.  I think there is a
bad tarball on some of the mirrors.  I grabbed this one:

http://www.gtlib.gatech.edu/pub/gentoo/distfiles/perl-cleaner-1.03.tar.gz

and saved it to /usr/portage/distfiles and then ran this (one line):

ebuild /usr/portage/app-admin/perl-cleaner/perl-cleaner-1.03.ebuild digest

Now it merged in fine.

Jim