[Timothy A. Holmes]

Neil:

the problem before was an incomplete understanding of how the USE Flags
worked, and a mis-understanding of some advice that I was given.  The
procedure that I used last time was:

rebuild the kernel
Set use to USE="-*"
Emerge -e world

That procedure with the USE flags is what killed me.  What I should have
done -- it now appears was to set use to blank (or comment it out) and
allow it to use the base flags from the profile.  But trying to
recompile from base with all use flags specifically excluded is what
began to break stuff

TIM

Timothy A. Holmes
IT Manager / Network Admin / Web Master / Computer Teacher

Medina Christian Academy
A Higher Standard...

Jeremiah 33:3
Jeremiah 29:11