On Wednesday 31 May 2006 17:13, Petr Kocmid wrote:
> Anyway, I do not see a localisation of a fundamental system tool to  be a
> good idea. That's my point. Localisations are never up to date. Some day,
> it will break something and I would prefer future portage will NOT accept
> LINGUAS. Never.
You don't *have* to use it, that choice is still up to you.
You can still (en|dis)able the linguas flag per package.

USE="-linguas_cs linguas_pl"
Which would disable your native and enable the polish translation.
You can add these use flags to your /etc/portage/package.use just like you
would with a normal use flag.

Note: We are discussing a Release Candidate here so things might change in the
future.