On 5/31/06, Lord Sauron <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
there, and other things.  To me it looks like Python is totally
broken.  It keeps asking for libstdc++.so.6, which apparently no
longer exists.

Yes, on Gentoo unmerging gcc will break all programs that depend on
libstdc++.so.  You should have done a "revdep-rebuild
--library=libstdc++.so.6" after running gcc-config to select the
version of gcc on your system.

At this point, if you have some version of gcc installed, try to run
gcc-config to select the remaining gcc version.  If that doesn't work,
and you used FEATURES=quickpkg, you can just untar the binary package
of gcc-3.4.5-r1.

Otherwise I think you will have to resort to copying stuff from the
livecd, or restoring from a backup.

-Richard