On 5/31/06, Rumen Yotov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi,
I keep binaries for all major/critical packages of my system - gcc,glibc
But their usage depends on processor family, USE flags for gcc etc.
Will put a binary tarball of "gcc-3.4.6-r1" (gcc-3.4.6-r1.tbz2)-25MB.
CFLAGS="-O2 -march=athlon-xp -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer"
sys-devel/gcc-3.4.6-r1  USE="boundschecking fortran gcj gtk nls objc
-bootstrap -build -doc -hardened -ip28 -multislot -nocxx -nopie -nossp
-vanilla"
Place: ftp.qrypto.org
PS: to install put it in / (root dir), tar xjvf gcc-3.4.6-r1.tbz2
(ignore last massages). Then if lucky remerge any GCC you want.
HTH.Rumen

So I'm just going to untar it to / by tar xjvf gcc-3.4.5-r1.tbz2?
That's significantly less painful than I was expecting this to be.
I'm working on that now.  I'm downloading it, and then I'll be putting
it to a USB drive to then migrate to the afflicted machine (I'm not
pro enough to know how to download something without the crux of a GUI
- sorry, it's the horrible truth.)

Thanks a million for the help.  I was really making some great
progress as far as learning more and more about Gentoo and linux in
general, and it'd be a shame to waste time on reinstalling because I
was a dork and did something stupid like killing gcc.  I should be
able to say whether your steps worked within an hour or so.  Thanks
again.