Mick wrote:
> On 02/06/06, JimD <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Can't MS even do email right?
>
> Err, no.
>
> Have you tried importing them in a mail client (kmail, thunderbird,
> Opera)?  I haven't tried it myself, but that's how I would go about it
> in the first instance.  Should that fail, you could try Openoffice,
> Koffice and or Abiword in case they can convert it into a .doc file
> and so read it, before you save it as a .txt file.  If that works you
> could probably write a macro for doing it.

I tried opening the .msg email file in Thunderbird.  Thunderbird
actually was able to pull out the From: To: Subject: and date.  However
the body was blank and Thunderbird showed an attachment of winmail.dat.

What I have read on the net is that the Outlook MSG format is some type
of Office like format.  I will try your suggestion of OOo.

Jim