On 02/06/06, Richard Fish <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 6/2/06, Mick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Also, I am not sure that completely removing the DPMS entry is the
> same as adding "false" instead of "true".  Worth trying it out .

You can check quite quickly whether DPMS is enabled or not by running:

xset -q

You can also disable it manually with the xset command.

Very useful tip!  I note two different settings on mine:
=============================
Screen Saver:
 prefer blanking:  yes    allow exposures:  yes
 timeout:  600    cycle:  600
=============================

and
=============================
DPMS (Energy Star):
 Standby: 1200    Suspend: 600    Off: 2400
 DPMS is Enabled
 Monitor is On

Where is Screen Saver set?  I don't have anything in my xorg.conf . . .

<OT> Also a bit of an OT question (apologies to the OP): my mouse is a
bit jerky when I move it quickly in a straight line.  The above query
shows:
Pointer Control:
 acceleration:  2/1    threshold:  4