On Mon, 5 Jun 2006 18:34:30 +1000, Richard Watson wrote:

> I was able to boot from the Gentoo Stage 1 Livecd and chroot into my
> system but resetting the password with passwd didn't work. I suspect I
> need to emerge the relevant modules again but don't know which ones.

After chrooting, do "emerge --resume" to complete the previous emerge
world.

If you have genlop installed, "genlop --list --date yesterday" will show
you where the update process was aborted, which may give a clue as to
which packages were affected.

--
Neil Bothwick

Many husbands go broke on the money their wives save on sales.