I have two AMD 64's one at work and one at home both run nvidia drivers and while there werre times when I had problems initially - they were cured when I went to the latest nvidia drivers (~amd64) and I have never had a problem with either system in over 6 months.  It could be a misconfigured xorg.conf file so try re-doing that and recompiling nvidia-kernel and nvidia-glx.

Pete

On 6/11/06, Anthony E. Caudel < [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
William Kenworthy wrote:
> Are there any known glitches in using the nvidia drivers with an
> athlon64?

They work together for me.

Tony

   -- Benjamin Franklin