On 11/06/06, Grant <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> maybe it would be easier to buy a PCMCIA-based wireless card.
> This would eliminate the need for cabeling the laptop down.
> I own several and even the cheap ones that come at 17 € have good reach
> and support WPA (sometimes even WPA2).
>
> Just a suggestion.

Where's the fun in this then?

On the other hand it would be the easiest, practical solution to the problem.

You think the config would be tricky then?

What I think you need (and I'm not knowledgeable enough on networks to
explain how) is to create a network bridge on your PC between your
wireless and your wired PCI NICs.  I guess that the way to do that
would involve packet routing using iptables (masquerading), but I
never needed to look into it.

Hopefully by tomorrow morning some of the net-admins would have logged
on and will provide more pertinent guidance.
--
Regards,
Mick