On 6/11/06, gentuxx <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
While looking closely at /var/log/Xorg.0.log, I noticed that Xorg had
been built under a different kernel.  So, I re-emerged Xorg under the
new kernel.  Which spawns a tangential question:  How can I tell what
other programs on my system would benefit from being re-compiled under
the new kernel - instead of re-emerging world?

Why do you think you need to remerge *anything* that is not a kernel
module under a new kernel?  You must re-merge any proprietary graphics
drivers that you are using, like nivida-kernel or ati-drivers, or
other out of tree kernel modules (alsa-drivers, ipwXXXX, and so on),
but there is no benefit at all to remerging xorg or any other program
due to a new kernel.

-Richard