On Monday 12 June 2006 16:38, Richard Ruth wrote:
>On one of two gentoo (x86_64 AMD Opteron) systems I just emerged the new
> portage-2.1 on, emerge is requiring gentoo-sources as a dependency required
> by "x11-base/xorg-x11-6.8.2-r7".  Why?
>
>The 2nd system with an identical 2.6.16.20 vanilla-sources kernel does not
> have this problem.
>
>I tried removing the /usr/portage/x11-base directory and then running
> "emerge --sync". Which works buth then:
>
>============
>
># emerge -pv -u --deep world
> [snip]
>
>Yes, I do use /etc/portage/package.mask to mask out gentoo-sources, but I
> have done that for years.  (Also, my 2nd system has the same package.mask
> and doesn't have a problem with xorg-x11.)

>Any suggestions on how to fix this dependencies issue?  I suspect a portage
> cache issue that 'emerge --sync' is not fixing.

It's probably because something in xorg-x11 is requiring virtual/linux-sources
and for all normal default-linux/{amd64,x86} thats gentoo-sources. So just
emerge sys-kernel/vanilla-sources and it should be fine (since
vanilla-sources also provides virtual/linux-sources).

--
Christian Heim <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Gentoo Linux Developer - vserver/openvz