On 6/13/06, ionut cristian cucu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
 # This is a good place to load any misc programs
 # on startup (use &>/dev/null to hide output)
 /bin/su - cuci -c /bin/bash

I'm not sure that putting this in local.start is the right thing to
do.  It basically means that the init scripts will never complete, so
your system is never 'fully' booted.  It's mostly a semantic
difference, and I'm probably just being pedantic about it...

It might be better to modify /etc/inittab to try something like:

c1:2345:respawn:/bin/su - cuci -c /bin/bash -i --login >/dev/tty1
</dev/tty1 2>&1
c2:2345:respawn:/bin/su - cuci -c /bin/bash -i --login >/dev/tty2
</dev/tty2 2>&1

I just tried this on my system, and it seems to do what you want.

Just my ${currency}x0.02

-Richard