On 13/06/06, Iain Buchanan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi,

I'm getting a strange font problem in evolution and firefox - evolution
shows square boxes when it should be showing tabs, and firefox shows
square boxes in java applets when it should be showing spaces.

Both applications show the tab / space as well, but there's these little
boxes all over the place.

I've tried installing a few fonts, or looking for use flags that might
affect it, but nothing worked - I'm completely stumped.

Can anyone help me solve this?  What would you suggest? xorg.conf? use
flags?

Not sure it helps, but I occasionally see the same effect with the
square boxes in Konqueror (I don't have Java on my systems).  Changing
encoding manually solves it.  So I assume that it is related to some
language code meta tag in the html/css code which Konqueror does not
like.  Opera and FF seem to be less fussy about it.
--
Regards,
Mick