On Tuesday 13 June 2006 23:54, JimD wrote:
> Are there any tools/editors to edit a pdf or ps file?  I am
> digitizing some books.  I have the books as pdf and can convert
> that to postscript, text, html.
>
> I would like to be able to insert a few graphics into the PDF
> files.  I could convert to plain text, edit in OOo and export to
> PDF.  However, I lose all formatting doing that.
>
> I was hoping there were tools/editors for PDF/PS.  What the heck do
> book writers use?  I hope not a word processor.  I am only working
> with small books and it is a pain to have to deal with layout.

If the original is plain text without loads of graphics and fancy
layout, koffice does a reasonable job of reading .pdf

pdf wasn't really intended to be edited. It's actual purpose is as a
final presentation format, so editing it is a somewhat like taking
compiled code and expecting to be able to get the original C back

--
If only me, you and dead people understand hex,
how many people understand hex?

Alan McKinnon
alan at linuxholdings dot co dot za