On 6/16/06, Allan Gottlieb <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
What players would you recommend.  My needs are modest, a few hours of
MP3s would be enough.  My primary goal is to listen to "the teaching
company" lectures.

What I would recommend is any of iRiver's current flash based models.
Almost all of them have upgradeable firmware that can disable drm,
turn them into a usb mass storage device, and add ogg vorbis support.
They're really nice linux companions :)

Check iRiver's website to make sure the one you get has a "umd"
firmware available, if it does, you're on your way.

(I just happen to have a rather old 128mb iriver flash player, works
great. can even record 64kbit mp3 off a stereo line in, and holds ~2.5
hours of -q3 vorbis)

--
Calvin Walton