Benno Schulenberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> No idea, I'm still on monolithic.  Look in the /var/log/Xorg.0.log
> file, search for kbd, see what module it tries to load, then do an
> equery belongs on that file.  For example:
>
> $ equery belongs /usr/lib/modules/input/kbd_drv.so
> [ Searching for file(s) /usr/lib/modules/input/kbd_drv.so in *... ]
> x11-base/xorg-x11-6.8.2-r7 (/usr/lib/modules/input/kbd_drv.so)

Nice tip thanks, but I packed it in diddling arond with nvidia.

Recompiled my kernel so no more unmatched stuff, then discovered I
could just use `nv' in xorg.conf and my redraw trouble disapears.

I've --unmerged nvidia-kernel and nvidia-glx.

Now that I think about it... Hermman mentioned doing that way back.

What I have now appears to redraw like I expect.  So unless there is
some remarkable difference between using `nv' and `nvidia' to make it
worth the the trouble... I'm standing pat.