Hi list,

I have been trying for 5 days now to install a gentoo system on a
nvidia mother board with fake raid, I already have a windows system on
the machine that needs the raid and I want to install gentoo on it.

I have followed instructions on
http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Install_Gentoo_with_NVRAID_using_dmraid
I was succeeded on installing gentoo base system and grub :-), but,
when I boot the systems ask for real_root /dev/mapper/nv_xxxx device

I had try the hard way, open a shell when it ask for real_root and on
/dev/mapper is just control.

I had try with genkernel and on the same situation on /dev/mapper/ has
control and my disk, but none of the partitions.

I am so close of making this work, but is really frustrating get stuck
in something like that for so long.

Thanks for attention, Allan

--
An application asked: