On Thu, 22 Jun 2006 21:28:32 +1200
Nick Rout <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Wed, 21 Jun 2006 20:02:18 -0400
> fire-eyes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > On Wednesday 21 June 2006 18:03, Nick Rout wrote:
> > > dvdrip is in portage and is an excellent tool for backing up DVD.
> >
> > It looked that way to me, however in every test I tried, after ripping it
> > always said only X out of a total of Y frames were ripped, and it was
> > always
> > somewhere around 20 - 30% less. Did that on two systems. In short, it
> > looked
> > good to me but I gave up on it after fighting with it for a week.
> >

> ahhh yes I picked up that thread now...
>
> k3b has a dvd ripping front end too, just looking into that!

hmmm I get this message

"DVD Ripping in K3b is currently unmaintained. Depending on the version of
transcode K3b may freeze and pollute ~/.xsession-errors or stdin if you started
K3b from a console.
If you are interested in maintaining the DVD Ripping part of K3b please contact
the project's maintainer Sebastian Trueg ([EMAIL PROTECTED])."