On 22/06/06, Bo Ørsted Andresen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

In that case you can replace --clean (or --prune) with --unmerge. You had a
look at [1]?

One worked nicely thank you.  :-)

Finally you should know that because kde is slotted you do not have to remove
kde-3.4 before installing kde-meta-3.5. But you have to remove it before
installing kde-meta-3.4. Monolithic and split packages block each other only
within the same slot.

Thanks.  I know, but this is on a space constrained laptop.  Removing
3.4 altogether should do me nicely.

In general it helps to tell us what you want to achieve from the beginning. It
enables us to tell you what you want to do rather that what you think you
want to do. ;)

Not a good enough excuse, but was typing all this in-between meetings
at work today.  3.4 monolithic has now been removed and I am starting
to emerge 3.5 meta.
--
Regards,
Mick