Karstn writes:

> I am trying to compile a program written in qt3 which apprently,
> according to the author, fails because it being compiled using version 4
> qmake. I checked and indeed qmake is from version 4, yet in my
> environment, the QTDIR variable is pointing to /usr/qt/3. Now that both
> confuses me and leaves me with the question on how to change the profile
> completely to qt3 for this compiliation. Has anyone a hint for me?

I am using a little shell function to change between various Qt
versions (put it into ~/.bashrc if you like). I'm quite sure the
library line is not necessary, but it doesn't hurt either and I kept
it.

switchqt()
{
        export QTDIR=$1
        export PATH=$QTDIR/bin:$PATH
        export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$QTDIR/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
}

"switchqt /usr/qt/3" activates Qt 3 for this shell.

        Alex