On Sunday 25 June 2006 13:27, Robert Persson wrote:
> I want to be able to use an international keyboard layout in X.
> Something like the Apple U.S. layout would be really nice, but the U.S.
> English Alternative International would do me fine for the moment.

I have no experience with gnome so can't help you there. To get the us
international keryborad layout now you should be able to do:

# setxkbmap us_intl

To get it permanently you can edit /etc/X11/xorg.conf and find the XkbLayout
Option in the InputDevice section that relates to your keyboard:

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "???"
        Driver  "kbd"
[...]