On 6/26/06, Allan Spagnol Comar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I tryed to dmraid + 2.6.16 and all I got was that /dev/mapper/* was
empty ( just have control node ). I had try 2.6.15-r1 and /de/mapper
was populated

Populated...with what?  How are you determining this?  Have you hacked
up the initrd/initramfs to display what is in /dev/mapper?

but kernel panics when mounting root system, it says it
can not find linuxrc and /bin/bash

Hmm, this sounds like maybe you just have some extra and unnecessary
options on your kernel command line.  What does /boot/grub/menu.lst
contain?  If you see things like real_root= or init=, you _might_ be
able to take those out, depending upon what the initrd/initramfs
script does.

I guess to help futher I need to know:

1. The contents of /boot/grub/menu.lst
2. Whether you are using an initramfs or an initrd.  If you don't
know, try "cpio --list < /boot/your_initrd_or_initramfs.img".  If that
lists a bunch of files, you are using an initramfs.  If it gives an
error, it is an initrd.

-Richard