Le 27 juin à 19:24:37 [EMAIL PROTECTED] écrit notamment:

| Fishing around for a pop3 server I settled on dovecot.  After
| installation and few changes in well commented config.   I get a show
| stopping error when attempting startup.
>
| /etc/init.d/dovecot start
|  * Starting dovecot ...
|   Error: Can't use mail executable /usr/libexec/dovecot/pop3:
|   No such file or directory
>
| equery files dovecot shows there is no `pop3' executable under any
| path. The only hit on that exact name is a directory.
>
| Apparently dovecot expects this executable to be available but the
| ebuild doesn't think so.
>
| The commented /etc/dovcot.conf indicates /usr/libexec/dovecot/pop3 is
| a default.

If you have pop3 and/or pop3s in the "protocols" line of /etc/dovcot.conf
you must add pop3d in your USE flags, system-wide or preferably just for
dovecot in /etc/portage/package.use.

regards
--
  Jean Magnan de Bornier             |        Cours Victor Hugo
  e-mots: jean at bornier.net        |        13980 Alleins   France