Hi all,

a short while ago I asked about a program to view and interact with the
terminals /dev/tty[1-x] that you access by pressing ctrl-alt-f1, for
example.  something like vnc but for consoles.

The suggestions were screen, and showconsole.  showconsole only shows
output, and doesn't let you type into it; and screen can't (?) attach to
such a virtual console.

Can anyone think of more suggestions?  I'm trying to use these consoles
as if I was sitting at the machine, but really I'll be ssh-ing in from
somewhere.  I could even write something in c if necessary, but my
attempts so far don't catch output or send input properly...

I'd appreciate any suggestions.

thanks,

When I was little, I went into a pet shop and they asked how big I'd get.
                -- Rodney Dangerfield