On Wed, 2006-06-28 at 23:32 +0200, Mick wrote:
> Thanks.  The strange thing is that lately Opera and FF-bin are not
> re-emerged when I revedep-rebuild, only OOo-bin does.  Anyway, its not
> a problem from what I read in these links.

That is because the ebuilds install a file in /etc/revdep-rebuild that
instruct revdep-rebuild to mask the appropriate directories.

Quoting from "man revdep-rebuild"

CONFIGURATION
       revdep-rebuild no longer uses hardcoded paths. To change the default
behavior the following  variables  can  be
       changed by the user.

       SEARCH_DIRS - List of directories to search for executables and libraries

       SEARCH_DIRS_MASK - List of directories to not search

       These  variables  can be prepended to either by setting the variable in
your environment prior to execution, by
       placing an entry in /etc/make.conf, or by placing a file  in
/etc/revdep-rebuild  containing  the  appropriate
       variables.

       The variables are read and set in the following order:

       environment settings - one time changes by user
       /etc/make.conf - persistant changes by user
       /etc/revdep-rebuild/* - persistant changes by ebuild authors

       While  a  user  can  edit  and  modify the files in the
/etc/revdep-rebuild directory, please be aware that the
       /etc/revdep-rebuild directory is not under configuration protection and
files can be removed and/or overwritten
       by an ebuild. To change this add /etc/revdep-rebuild to the
CONFIG_PROTECT variable in /etc/make.conf.

Regards,
Paul