On 7/4/06, David Corbin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Looking closer, my original copy of the error wasn't very complete.  There are
screenfuls of undefined references to various std:: symbols.  Clearly my C++
library is messed up.  How do I fix it?

Can you post some of that output?  In particular, look for things
about missing "libstdc++.so.6".  It might be just that you need to run
fix_libtool_files.sh.

If you truly think you have a broken C++ library, which is installed
as part of gcc, I would suggest:

1. emerge --oneshot gcc
2. Use gcc-config to select the correct/current compiler
3. revdep-rebuild --library=libstdc++.so.6

The 3rd command will rebuild all programs and libraries that use C++
on your system.  The first 2 are mostly to make sure you have a usable
C++

-Richard