Grant wrote:
It has come to my attention that a particular person I know may be
intent on attacking my server/website in any way possible.  He doesn't
know much about Linux but does know Windows.  What kind of things
should I lock down to protect my remote hosted server?  I don't have
time to get too crazy with security right now, but what kinds of
simple tricks might this fellow learn by asking around on forums, etc?

Assuming your packages are all up to date security-wise (glsa-check) and you're running a firewall of some kind (and you'd be crazy not to for any publically accessible box), there isn't much stuff you can do (without investing a bunch of time and effort in learning new things) besides change your passwords a bit more frequently and keep a close eye on logs from network-accessible programs (sshd, httpd, firewall).