On 7/6/06, Pawel K <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
1) How can I recompile all of them ?
I don't want to download new packages, I just want to
recompile existing ones.

emerge -e

2) Can I work on that machine during recompilation. I
mean what happens with binaries that are currently
executed and need to be replaced with pentium3
compiled version ?

There is no problem with that. Yesterday i did an emerge -C xorg-x11
while xorg was running, then compiled xorg-x11 again and restarted the
X server. All is working fine, except I couldn't start the
applications that were built against X when I didn't have it. Don't
worry Linux isn't Windows :)

How should I replace e.g. /bin/bash or /usr/bin/gcc
with pentium3 version ?

It will be done automatically.

--
Pozdrawiam