Lord Sauron wrote:
> On 7/5/06, Alexander Skwar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Lord Sauron wrote:

>> How should *THAT* help? In 99.9999999999999999999999999999999% of
>> the times, the attacker won't be on the same subnet, and thus the
>> MAC isn't available.
>
> Couldn't hurt.

Well, as it doesn't buy you anything, I'd disagree: It would hurt.
It would make the setup more complex with no gain.

>  You never know what you'll find when you tear apart
> some networking packets.

You won't find the MAC adress of the attacker. You'll find the MAC
adress of your upstream router/switch.

>> You can try to block me, my MAC will be either 00:12:17:D4:21:D4
>> or 00:12:17:D4:21:D2. Just tell me, where you blocked me using
>> my MAC and I'll see if I can still access.
>
> I'll try it someday when I can figure out enough about linux
> networking to do something like that.

Don't spend too much time, as it's a waste. You will NOT see
my MAC address. Not because I try to disguise it, but because
it won't be available to you. That's simply how TCP/IP works.

Alexander Skwar
--
The more laws and order are made prominent, the more thieves and
robbers there will be.