On Sat, Jul 08, 2006 at 05:42:25PM +0300, Daniel Iliev wrote:

> Yes, I already have about 400MB of logs there. I still wonder when will
> come the day I'll wipe them out. :)

I have a simple cron job that bzip2's them and about a year's worth of
logs amounts to about 30 Mib, but I should probably rework it to expire
old logs.

> The truth is there are only a few ebuilds I want to change something in.
> Up to now in case I want to change something or the packages doesn't
> compile the normal way, my practice is to use "ebuild `equery w
> package-name` unpack", do my things in the temp dir, compile manually,
> put a file ".compiled" and resume the installation.
> May be I'll start using my own overlay after I collect "enough" packages.

I suggest putting your modifications into your own ebuild in an overlay
because it may be simpler and neater to apply your changes to the new
version/ebuild of the package when it comes out rather than having to
remember everything you did the first time manually.

Justin