Ow Mun Heng wrote:
> My goal. Integrate a front end apache-autoindex (w/ upload/login
> capability) that uses a SQL backend for authentication(I can use
> mod_auth_mysql as a means for connecting autoindex's htpasswd/htaccess
> to mysql and I am thinking of also integrating SAMBA with mysql using
> the pdbsql backend so I can have an integrated samba/apache file-server.

Well, I really can't see why would you want to use whatever-SQL-server
for that purpose.
If a user has logged in the samba file server and you want to spare
him/her additional login to the apache server and vice versa you could
use LDAP autentication. Both samba and apache can talk LDAP.

--
Best regards,
Daniel