On Monday 10 July 2006 05:57, Richard Fish wrote:

> Yeah, use 2 input device entries in xorg.conf, with the second one
> pointing at /dev/input/mice.  Just make sure to list both in the
> ServerLayout section.  Mine is setup with:

Sweet!  It works just as wanted it now.  :-)

This is what I have in my xorg.conf:
================================
Section "ServerLayout"
        Identifier     "X.org Configured"
        Screen      0  "Screen0" 0 0
        InputDevice    "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
        InputDevice    "Mouse1" "AlwaysCore"
        Option  "VTSysReq" "true"
        Option "SuspendTime" "10"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Mouse0"
        Driver      "synaptics"
        Option      "Protocol" "SynPS/2"
        Option      "InputFashion" "Mouse"
        Option      "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
        Option       "Name" "SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad"
        Option       "SHMConfig" "on"
        Option       "Vendor" "0002"
        Option      "ZAxisMapping"      "4 5"
        Option      "Emulate3Buttons"   "True"
        Option      "Buttons"   "3"
EndSection

Section "Input Device"
        Identifier  "Mouse1"
        Driver      "mouse"
        Option      "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
        Option      "InputFashion" "Mouse"
        Option      "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
        Option       "Name" "GenPS/2 Genius Mouse"
        Option       "Vendor" "0002"
        Option      "ZAxisMapping"      "4 5"
        Option      "Emulate3Buttons"   "False"
        Option      "Buttons"   "9"
EndSection

Udev still seems to be happy with my settings recognising the devices that I
plug in.  Not sure if using the right "Name" is important.  I found mine
in /cat/bus/input/devices.

I also have a TPPS/2 IBM TrackPoint, but I think that the synaptics driver
picks this up anyway, so I haven't added it to my xorg.conf.
--
Regards,
Mick