On Tue, 11 Jul 2006 21:46:05 -0700 (PDT), Jim John wrote:

> Hi. I want to patch cyrus-imapd. I have the diff file, but no source
> because I emerged from the repository. How do I get the source and
> ebuild it? Thanks.

The best way to do this is to modify the ebuild to apply the patch.

Copy the existing cyrus-imapd directory from /usr/portage to your
overlay.

Copy the patch to the files subdirectory of that new directory

Open the copied ebuild in your text editor. you'll see an epatch line in
the src_unpack section, add another one with the name of your patch.

Run "ebuild cyrus-imapd-version.ebuild digest"

Emerge it.

If the patch may be useful to others, file a report on bugs.g.o.

--
Neil Bothwick

"That trick NEVER works!"