Luigi Pinna wrote:
> Alle 22:32, mercoledì 12 luglio 2006, Benno Schulenberg ha
> scritto:
> > That symlink shouldn't be necessary, as far as I know.  That
> > you need it shows something is wrong with the way you've
> > installed modular Xorg.
>
> I think so too! What must I do? An emerge -e world?

No.  But it's high time now to show us an 'emerge --info'.

> I install modular X from the meta packages (emerge xorg-x11
> x11) and in the list is xdm already there.

Okay.  But what does 'equery belongs xdm' say?  You really seem to
have trouble reading and following instructions.

> I really don't know... and each try need a lot of time (each time
> that x doesn't start more I must reinstall the xorg-x11-6.8.2-r8
> and update again).

When you try it again, maybe move /etc/X11 out of the way before
starting to emerge modular Xorg.  Maybe exit from X too before
starting that emerge.

Benno