On 7/14/06, Dale <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Andrew Frink wrote:

> [...]
>             RgbPath      "/usr/share/X11/rgb"
>             ModulePath   "/usr/lib/xorg/modules"
>             FontPath     "/usr/share/fonts/misc"
>             FontPath     "/usr/share/fonts/75dpi"
>             FontPath     "/usr/share/fonts/100dpi"
>             FontPath     "/usr/share/fonts/TTF"
>             FontPath     "/usr/share/fonts/Type1"
>     EndSection
>
>     Section "Module"
>             Load  "glx"
>             Load  "extmod"
>             Load  "xtrap"
>             Load  "record"
>             Load  "dbe"
>     #       Load  "dri"
>             Load  "freetype"
>             Load  "type1"
>     EndSection
>
>     Section "InputDevice"
>             Identifier  "Keyboard0"
>             Driver      "kbd"
>     EndSection
>
>     Section "InputDevice"
>             Identifier  "Mouse0"
>             Driver      "mouse"
>             Option      "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
>             Option      "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
>             Option      "Buttons" "7"
>             Option      "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
>     EndSection
>
>     Section "Monitor"
>             Identifier   "Monitor[0]"
>             Option      "VendorName" "ATI Proprietary Driver"
>             Option      "ModelName" "Generic Autodetecting Monitor"
>             Option      "DPMS" "true"
>             HorizSync 30-70
>             VertRefresh 50-180
>     EndSection
>
>     Section "Device"
>             Identifier  "Device[0]"
>             Driver      "nvidia"
>     EndSection
>
>     Section "Screen"
>             Identifier "Screen[0]"
>             Device     "Device[0]"
>             Monitor    "Monitor[0]"
>             DefaultDepth     24
>             SubSection "Display"
>                     Viewport   0 0
>                     Depth     24
>                     Modes "1280x1024"
>             EndSubSection
>     EndSection
>
>     Section "DRI"
>             Group "video"
>             Mode 0660
>     EndSection
>
>     ######End xorg.conf
>
>          I've tried it both with and without this last stanza regarding
>     DRI. I tossed it in there for giggles since I needed it with my ATI
>     card. One thing I haven't ventured to yet is recompilin xorg. When I
>     compiled it I did have VIDEO_CARDS set to radeon. Will this effect
>     xorg working with nvidia cards? What would the proper VIDEO_CARDS
>     setting be for a geforce 6800?
>
>         Any suggestions/comments are very welcome. Thanks muchly.,
>
>     Korf
>     --
>     ()  The ASCII Ribbon Campaign - against HTML Email,
>     /\  vCards, and proprietary formats.
>     --
>
> It may have i would sujest trying with VIDEO_CARDS="nvidia" and see..
> i'm not sure i haven't moved my box with an nvidia to xorg7

I ran into the same thing.  I ended up doing a emerge -ev world to fix
mine.  I just had someone else on the forums to do the same thing and it
worked for them as well.

It's a pain but it worked for me and the other person.  I personally
think it is something KDE but not kdelibs or the nvidia drivers.  I had
re-emerged them before a few times with no help.

Maybe someone has a better idea.

Dale
:-)  :-)

I'm definatly a user of the video group.
I'll try the emerge -ev world in a bit here, at the moment I'm KDE
free but it can't hurt to try.