Thank you, it's working now.  Why would it be using an xorg.conf found
in /root/?  I deleted that one, and then it found it in /etc/X11/

On 7/17/06, Etaoin Shrdlu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Monday 17 July 2006 19:02, Trenton Adams wrote:

> I do not have radeon, or synaptics specified in my xorg.conf.  Any
> reason why it might try and load these instead of nvidia drivers?  I
> have nvidia specified.

Make sure xorg is actually reading the config file you think it's using.
Look for a line like

(==) Using config file: "/etc/X11/xorg.conf"

in xorg log and check that the config file it's using is the one you
want.