Uwe Thiem wrote:
On 16 July 2006 22:54, James Lockie wrote:
I'm trying to install without network connectivity.
I got to the point in the install guide where it says to emerge a kernel.
I can't emerge anything because I'm not on the network.
HELP

Well, you could install from a stage 3 CD but you will never be able to upgrade anything without network. Gentoo is pretty much a "network distribution". You seem to be out of luck.

On the other hand, how did you send your email without *any* network access?

Uwe

I will have network access AFTER I compile the madwifi driver for my wireless card.
I want to complete a Gentoo install without the network.

PS!
I dual boot to Windoze (where everything sucks but works :-)).