On 7/18/06, Timothy A. Holmes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi folks:

I rebuilt my kernel the other day and my wireless nick suddenly stopped
operating, I re-emerged NDISWRAPPER and followed the howto on the forum
to re-install it

Every time I do Modprobe ndiswrapper I get a fatal error saying that the
module is not found

I need to know were to go from here

Thanks

TIM

Hi Tim,
  I had this same problem the other day. In the end I think (I THINK)
that what I did to get it working was:

1) Compile, install and reboot into the new kernel 2.6.17-rt5 in my case
2) re-emerge ndiswrapper
3) Reinstall the Windows driver (ndiswrapper -i *.INF)
4) Check that the driver and hardware were present. (ndiswrapper -l)

IIRC at that point I could modprobe it again. I was confused as to why
I had to do all of that but it seemed to work for me.

HTH,
Mark