Hi,

On Wed, 19 Jul 2006 12:07:33 -0300
"Leandro Melo de Sales" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi! I'm trying to setup postfix with authentication. I have
> PAM/NSSwitch configured to use LDAP backend. I also installed
> cyrus-sasl, but when I test authentication I got some errors. What I'm
> doing wrong? Some relevant information:
>
> /etc/sasl2/smtpd.conf
>
> pwcheck_method:pam

Shouldn't that be /usr/lib/sasl/smtpd.conf by default? Public available
documentation suggest so. I must admit that I don't run cyrus sasl on
Gentoo, currently. And the documentation suggests "PAM" instead of
"pam".

Note that authentication using PAM is only used for plain text
authentication (i.e. not for CRAM-MD5 or DIGEST-MD5). So I have these
additional lines in my config:

mech_list: plain login

but I don't really know if it does anything at all (I'm hesitating to
deactivate it and risk inavailability of service...)

-hwh