On 7/19/06, Alexander Puchmayr <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I'd recommend you emerge --nodeps xorg-x11 in order to change its
> USEflags to the ones you want (no compilation necessary), and then
> emerge -k to pull in the binary packages depended on by its new flags,
> which will save you the compiling time.
>
> HTH.

Nope, doesn't work. Same problem. I emerged with --nodeps the xorg-x11
package, with exactly the video-cards I want. Then I've tried the -k as you
suggested, and still *ALL* other video-drivers are shown in the list, and
VIDEO_CARDS did not show the same content as without -k.

Do you have buildpkg in FEATURES?  If not, you might need to do:

emerge --nodeps xorg-x11
quickpkg xorg-x11
emerge -k xorg-x11

If you don't have buildpkg in FEATURES, and don't do the quickpkg
step, then the second emerge will again look at your existing binary
package of xorg-x11, and use the settings from that.

HTH,
-Richard