I had something like this a while back, it turned out it was the dsl modem was picking up RF interference from a dimmer switch.
If the light was full on or full off it was fine, but anywhere in between and it dropped packets like crazy. I added a choke on the lamp's power line and it's been fine since. YMMV.

dcm