On 27 July 2006 22:02, Willie Wong wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 27, 2006 at 09:47:09PM +0100, Penguin Lover Uwe Thiem squawked:
> > Hi folks,
> >
> > while saving an edited MPEG2 file, avidemux ate tens of GB under /home. I
> > can't find that/those temporary files. Anybody in the know where it
> > stores them? It definitely isn't under /tmp or /var/tmp. It's under /home
> > and presumebly under my home directory but "find . -size +1G -print" in
> > my home directory didn't reveal anything.
>
> Presumeably it could be a bunch of small files, rather than 1 file
> bigger than 1 gigabyte (as an aside, why is it for my version of find,
> +1G is not a valid size? The only units that it admits [according to
> the man page] are b[lock], c[haracter=byte], w[ord], and k[ilo]]),
> which might explain why your find command doesn't see it.

>From "man find":

       -size n[cwbkMG]
              File uses n units of space.  The following suffixes can be used:

              `b'    for 512-byte blocks (this is the default if no suffix is
used)

              `c'    for bytes

              `w'    for two-byte words

              `k'    for Kilobytes (units of 1024 bytes)

              `M'    for Megabytes (units of 1048576 bytes)

              `G'    for Gigabytes (units of 1073741824 bytes)

Uwe

--
Mark Twain: I rather decline two drinks than a German adjective.
http://www.SysEx.com.na