Howdy,

I'm gearing up for a new hardware purchase and I find that I need a little
help figuring out "what is" and "what isn't" linux compatible.

The days of pci, agp video and socket A hardware are slowly coming to a close
and I'm itching to try something new.

Does anyone here run any cutting edge hardware, like socket am2 motherboards
and pci-e video cards?

Sounds dumb, but I've no hands on experience with the new stuff and would love
to hear from those with first hand knowledge. In particular, what hardware
are you using and how does it work on your desktop? Any driver issues with
xorg-x11, etc.?

My goal is to build a desktop, taking full advantage of the current available
video hardware... maybe even use xgl on it too.

Anything would be welcomed. Feel free to email me off list if you desire.

Thanks, Jerry....