On Mon, Jul 31, 2006 at 08:10:48PM -0400, Penguin Lover Michael [Plouj]
Ploujnikov squawked:
> Who is in charge of the mailing lists and would be the best person to
> suggest this to? Should I send this to a different gentoo-* list?

Big discussion over this about 18 months ago.

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.user/120320/focus=120320

The change was made as you suggested, without announcement.
Some users noticed, some didn't.
One person asked about the change.
The whole thing eventually degenerated into a big hoopla and the
change reverted.

Personally I don't care either way. My preferred MUA (mutt) is smart
enough and configurable enough to treat mailing lists properly.

Best,

Q: Why is the CERN ion accelerator circular and not linear?
A: It crosses international borders and Switzerland must remain neutral.
Sortir en Pantoufles: up 5 days,  3:40