On Mon, 31 Jul 2006 09:59:45 -0700
"Richard Fish" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On 7/30/06, Andreas Schoelver <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > But why does USE="mozilla" *not* help?
>
> Because mozilla is being removed from the tree due to security problems.

Thanks for all the informations from Jesús and you.
That was very helpful.

Now I wonder if also mono-tools will be configurable this way soon,
set it is not (as far as I see).

# equery uses mono-tools
[ Searching for packages matching mono-tools... ]
[ Colour Code : set unset ]
[ Legend        : Left column  (U) - USE flags from make.conf
 ]
[               : Right column (I) - USE flags packages was installed with ]
[ No USE flags found for dev-util/mono-tools-1.1.11]

BTW: I just saw that also equery would have given me some infos about
yelp and firefox, but on the other hand 'emerge -uptD world' never gave
that direct dependency information to me.

equery uses yelp
[ Searching for packages matching yelp... ]
[ Colour Code : set unset ]
[ Legend        : Left column  (U) - USE flags from make.conf
 ]
[               : Right column (I) - USE flags packages was installed with ]
[ Found these USE variables for gnome-extra/yelp-2.12.2 ]
 U I
 - - debug   : Tells configure and the makefiles to build for debugging...
 - - firefox : Build against firefox instead of mozilla

Andreas