On Wed, Aug 02, 2006 at 05:40:17PM -0700, Richard Fish wrote:
> Well the main reason is because profiles will disappear from portage
> after a certain amount of time, and you can't really run without a
> profile!!

Right, but I still don't understand why it doesn't auto update when it's
"ready", because for people like me who rarely visit the gentoo main
page I'm not going to know about a new profile unless I manually look
around in /usr/portage/profiles.  Mainly I don't like it because it
comes too close to violating my sense of laziness.

Justin