Well, I currently have a system with both a PATA drive as well as a SATA
drive. SATA uses the whole SCSI subsystem which tends to cause things to
not always be in the same place from time to time, devicewise,
especially when you have USB mass storage peripherals elsewhere (like my
memcard reader). I ended up labelling my partitions/filesystems when I
created them so when my system boots, it finds what's where and then
things get mounted that way (much cleaner). The only thing I didn't
conquer was how to get the bootloader (lilo for me) to boot a label
instead of a device so I ended up leaving a boot partition on my PATA
disk to allow everything to start nicely and then go from there.

So, I guess from here, I too will ask my own question stemming from this
one: How do I get a bootloader (lilo preferably for me) to boot a device
which may not always be in the same place like a SCSI-ish disk?

-Statux

--
Statux <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>