On Sat, Aug 05, 2006 at 04:25:09PM -0700, Grant wrote:
> This worked great for plain vi, but the problem persists with mutt.
> Any suggestions for mutt?

This is my mutt editor command.  Suit it to your desires, although I
reccommend keeping the line breaks unless you know of a way to get mutt
to format the outgoing mail with line breaks instead of having vim do it
in line as it gets kind of tedious reformating the text when you have a
difficult email to write. (:

But even on this account I may be able to offer some knowledge.  When
you need to reformat some text just select the text with <ctrl>-v or
<shift>-v or 'v' and do 'gq'.

$ grep editor ~/.muttrc
set editor="vim +/^$ -c 'set linebreak ft=mail'"

Justin