Hi,

 I installed KDE 3.5.2. and I installed IceWM 1.2.23.
 When kdm is started the session type popup chooser shows me
 "IceWM", ok.

 Then...Yesterday IceWM 1.2.27 was released and I wanted to see, whats
 new. I did a emerge -C icewm and installed the new icewm by hand
 (using paco). I configured with the option
 "--with-kdedatadir=/usr/kde/3.5".

 Compiling/installing works fine.

 BUT: The session type "IceWM" vanished.

 Restart KDE (and even the LINUX) yield nothing.

 Hmmmm....

 I removed all files of IceWM 1.2.27 and emerged the old IceWM
 again...TADA! My beloved session type was there again.

 So I am asking myself: What file and/or configuration option is
 missing. when I install IceWM myself ?

 Thank you very much in advance for any help or hint !
 Keep hacking!
 mcc